Cornea Genetic Eye Institute
50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 340
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
As a leading Los Angeles LASIK specialist, Dr. Rabinowitz has been performing eye laser and refractive surgery for the past 20 years. During this period, he has performed well over 10,000 procedures. He performs approximately 15-20 LASIK procedures per week, however, the number of surgeries performed should not be the sole criteria for choosing your eye surgeon. Below are ten good reasons why you should consider choosing Yaron S. Rabinowitz, MD, to perform your laser eye surgery in Santa Clarita, Lancaster or Los Angeles.
1. LASIK surgery is Corneal Lamellar Surgery as such Corneal Specialists are best suited to perform such procedures. They are best trained not only to do the surgery but also to recognize and treat any complications since they routinely treat other Drs. complications.
2. Dr. Rabinowitz is an internationally recognized corneal surgeon and is one of the few corneal surgeons in Southern California who has also had additional fellowship training in refractive corneal surgery over and above his corneal fellowship training
3. Dr. Rabinowitz has been recognized by his peers as one of the leading eye doctors in the word as evidenced by awards from the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the International Society of Refractive Surgery, the French Eye Society, the Jules Stein Eye Institute and is rated as a Los Angeles "Superdoctor" by a survey performed by the Los Angeles magazine (www.superdoctors.com)
4. Dr. Rabinowitz was among the first few surgeons in the USA to perform the new and improved 'Down-Up' LASIK technique, a technique which he now uses exclusively with excellent visual results. He was also among the first to use the bladeless technology and was an FDA investigator on Wavefront technology
5. Dr. Rabinowitz is one of the few eye doctors who has performed Laservision Correction on other eye doctors (Ophthalmologists and Optometrists) and their immediate family members.
6. Rabinowitz limits the number of surgical procedures he does per week so that he can provide individualized and personalized care to all his patients. He is personally involved in both the preoperative and postoperativethe follow-up care of all his refractive surgical patients.
7. Dr. Rabinowitz was one of the first surgeons in the world to point out that patients with abnormal corneal surface topography are not good candidates for laser surgery surgery. He is the inventor of a computer software program that is used in over 50 countries throughout the world to screen patients prior to refractive surgery.(click here to view a video on the history of refractive surgery produced by Dr. Rabinowitz)
8. Dr. Rabinowitz is actively involved in refractive corneal research and routinely tracks his results in order to improve the visual outcomes of his patients. He is the recipient of major funding from the US government(National Eye Institutes of Health) for his groundbreaking research on the shape of the eye for the past 20years.
9. Dr. Rabinowitz is the author of a textbook on Corneal Topography and has published over 80 articles and abstracts and given over 100 lectures in over one dozen countries throughout the world. (For more information, see his detailed CV).
10. Dr. Rabinowitz is a Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at U.C.L.A. School of Medicine, Director of Research at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was Chairman of Ophthalmology at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center the first hospital to perform Laser vision Correction in the Western United States.
Dr. Rabinowitz is a superbly trained Los Angeles LASIK eye surgery specialist who treats all of his patients with the utmost dedication and attentiveness. In addition to performing advanced techniques of laser refractive surgery, Dr. Rabinowitz specializes in corneal transplants and premium IOLs cataract surgery. In fact, he is renowned as a foremost Lancaster corneal transplants and Beverly Hills cataracts surgeon.